Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Royal House of Roast Beef, 464 Lowell St, Methuen, MA 01844


This was a blind walk in. I had never heard of Royal House of Roast Beef before, but as I was driving up 93 on my way to Dracut I began to see signs for Royal House of Roast Beef. With a name that claims such pedigree I had to try it out.



Bun: The bun was the star of the sandwich and definitely where most of the flavor came from. It is a nice fresh egg based bun with tons of nicely charred onions on top.  While it looked fully grilled to a golden color there was no crisp, keeping this bun just inches away from a perfect score.  Score: 4

Beef: Juicy, tender, pink. This beef had all the hallmarks of a perfect beef. Except flavor, it was just lacking.   Score:4

Sauce: Great sauce with lots of upfront spice, good sweetness and tang. My major complaint here was there was not enough! Score: 4

Overall:  A solid 4! surprisingly great for a place I had never heard of. Score:  4

Notes: This is a cash only establishment, but they do have an atm inside

No comments:

Post a Comment