Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Pano's Roast Beef, 225 Lowell Rd, Hudson, NH 03051



I have to admit I saw this place and thought to myself I should look elsewhere. It wasn't until I got a recommendation from an acquaintance that I should try it out that I actually stopped. You see Pano's Roast Beef is located in an inconvenient and dumpy looking strip mall. Inside is a desolate (yet extremely clean) dining room with maybe ten tables spread wide apart. The Parking lot is quiet and there is no one waiting to order. None of this adds up to an establishment that is known for it's great beef. But as soon as you meet the husband and wife duo that owns and operates Pano's you want them to be great. They are friendly and hard working. He has a huge fro and she is quick to help you out with a smile. when I told her that I was informed that they made a great roast beef sandwich she quipped back "Don't believe everything you hear!" 





Bun: First bite, no crunch. While there was visible evidence that the bun was grilled there was no proof that it wasn't grilled yesterday. The over all flavor was fine, with good sweet onion bits, but not great. Score: 2

Beef: The highlight of this sandwich by a long shot is the beef. It tastes like your eating a fine steak! Tons of warm, extra rare roast beef that is so juicy that you could use a bib. While the bun seemed old this was 100% shaved for my sandwich. It was loaded with awesome amounts of beef Au Jus flavor and some hints of herbs and spices. Perfection  Score: 5

Sauce: Looked like a decent serving of sauce but I couldn't taste it. I will give it points for the fact that it didn't mask the awesome beef flavor. Also when I received my sandwich she asked if I would like some extra sauce on the side, an offer I was a fool to turn down. I did notice after the fact other diners had a squirt bottle of sauce on the table. Next time, Next time...Score: 2

Overall: While Pano's beef is spot on their roast beef sandwich is not. The dull bun and unremarkable sauce is only saved by the masterfully roasted roast beef and friendly staff. Score: 3



No comments:

Post a Comment