Thursday, April 2, 2015

Simard's Super Roast Beef, 279 Main St, Wilmington, MA 01887


Simard's doesn't claim to be famous, but they do claim to be super. We went to see if they can hold up to that claim. Located on Rt. 38 in Wilmington Ma, Simard's has a prime location, a drive through, along with a size up on the super beef competition, the King Beef. 




Bun: The smell of onions assaults your nose before you even get the sandwich unwrapped. Needless to say this bun has some serious onion flavor, which is visible by the large burnt onion flecks. The bite is a tad chewy but well grilled with plenty of crunchy golden crust. Warm and delicious equals...  Score: 4

BeefFirst bite, Cold. Not even a hint of warmth here. Seemed like it could of been refrigerated before slicing. If you can get beyond that the beef was actually super (I mean SUPER) tender and sliced extremely thin. The flavor was lacking any defining characteristics and the serving size was not overly generous. If hot a 4 as is a... Score: 2

SauceThere was not enough sauce or mayo to even be detectable never mind review. I actually had to go up and ask for sauce on the side. That being said their sauce is excellent (It taste like they are using James River BBQ to me). Sweet, tangy and black pepper spice. My score here reflects the fact that they were stingy with it.   Score: 3

OverallOnce I received my extra sauce this sandwich was pretty tasty. If I had ordered extra sauce and my beef was warm this would of been a great sandwich. But frankly the flavor here is all in the bun and sauce, the beef just slides through with it's tenderness.    Score 2

Notes: My overall score is reflecting the sandwich I got. If I received warm beef and more sauce this easily could be a 4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment