Thursday, December 15, 2016

Land n' Sea Restaurant, 67 Lynnfield St, Peabody, MA 01960



Paul Revere famously said "One, if by land, two, if by sea", Well here at Beef Day we say you can keep the sea, just give us the beef.



Bun: No onions due to being a regular beef, but more on that later. This bun Smelled of butter before I unwrapped it. A smell that became overwhelming once unwrapped. The butter flavor was so intense that it seemed fake, like butter flavored Pam spray. The upside to all that Pam was an amazing crust, but the roll was dense and chewy and over all a huge detractor.  Score: 2

Beef:  Extremely Tender! Melt in you mouth goodness! There was a light garlic flavor that was delightful. Oddly enough despite being so tender, it was a bit dry.  Score: 4

Sauce: 
 The sauce has strong tomato sweetness with black pepper spice. It's tasty, but this sandwich need more. Score: 4

Overall: 
  The fake butter flavor ruined this sandwich for me, I can still taste it hours later. Reminding me a lot of Kelly's but  with beef elevating the sandwich to a... Score: 3

Notes: 
I ordered a super beef, I received a regular beef. To be fair they charged me appropriately, but they should listen more closely. They were also heavy on the mayo, something I don't mind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment